I’m 59 yrs old. psa twice over 7, first time in september this year, 2nd time at the end of november 2015. In biopsy in october 3 scores out of 12 positive. Diagnosed as Gleason 6, magnet “clean”. No symptoms. Doctor ordered watch and wait with the next psa in three months and new magnet in 6 months. What do you think? Thank you for the site. Br JT
HI JT, what do you mean by magnet?? Does anyone know if a gleason 6 can become worse even if psa stays the same? Or will a psa always go up if worsens?
54 year old with some reduction in sexual area and urinary stream not as strong, but nothing serious. PSA 4 w/biopsy 7 of 12 with prostatic ranging from 8 percent to 40 percent and gleason 6. URO rec Prostatectomy. I didn’t agree and decided to go with the watchful waiting, but did get another appointment for a second opinion. I just can’t see losing the prostate and experiencing all the possible negative side effects when things are working relatively well. I have done a lot of reading on the topic and think WW is the best option. Is Genetic testing of biopsy something that a person should look into? Any thoughts? Thanks, Gary
Gleason 6 suggests watchful waiting would be ok; however, 7 or 12 cores positive is a concern. I would get a second opinion not from a urologist but from a medical oncologist who specializes in genitourinary cancers. Yes, a genetic test might be helpful. There is one called Prolaris that I am thinking of having soon.
Forgive me for not responding to posts for several months; I was not being notified of them.
Is this Blog still active? 63 in good health. Increase in PSA 6 years ag0. Rise under 4 but referred to a Uro and immediate biopsy. 15 cores, 13 normal 2 with High grade PIN. Urg wanted another biopsy. PSA dropped to 2.9 so I deferred the biopsy. 4 years of 6 month PSA and rectal exam. PSA remain around 4 (BPH -63gams-and BPH symptoms which are progressing negatively). PSA in April up to 7.5 followed by a second biopsy (MRI guided) 20 cores with 2, 3+3 Gleason, cancer grade t1c, Active Surveillance?
Yes still active but was having a problem getting comments. Yes you are good for active surveillance in my opinion.
Is this web site still active? Nothing since Dec 2014.
Will it be updated with new info?
Has anyone tried the advertised “Super Beta Prostate”? (free bottle)
All of these products are about the same; limited effectiveness. But I still take one.
How to get an help from (medical center Isreal) to get rid of this prostate gland enlargement . I am an old man , please i need HELP
You can take a drug like Avodart or have a procedure wuch as TUNA or TURP.
After several PSA tests in the mid 4s, I flew 3000 miles from home to get a MRI guided biopsy and when i returned home saw a new urologist who ordered a new PSA test; completed 9 days post procedure. It came in at 13.5. My biopsy showed 1 out of 12 cores under 5% malignancy, gleason 6. The urologist who did the biopsy said that he recommended active surveillance. I am wondering why the urologists ordered the PSA so soon after the biopsy as I read that this is unreliable.
No idea why doc ordered repeat psa so quick; hope you are on active surveillance and sorry took so long to respond. Had a problem with site.
Just got gleason 6 with 8 samples only one had 5% adenocarcinoma with 6.3 psa. Non palpable and immediately told to get surgery. This was even tho doc said another biopsy could come back negative (just how that would resolve anything I don’t know).
My question is what are the major changes that occur to make G6’s later elect to have surgery. In other words if I watch and wait what am I looking for. My apology because I know this has been answered before.
You are looking for rising PSA, more cores positive on future biopsies, or change in Gleason grade on future biopsies.
53 yr old man father dx with PC 19 yrs ago – radiation , no recurrence
I get annual screenings. I had a rise in PSA- it was 4.8 , normal DRE- Biopsy was told rt apex, 2 of 12 cores Gleason score 6
I wasn’t told of perineural invasion but before we discuss treatment doctor wants bone and cat scan…
Hi, What do you think of this: 57 years old, PSA 5.6 so I had a biopsy. 12/12 cores positive at various levels, 100% down to 65%. Gleason 6 on each core.
Wait or action?
12 of 12 a problem. Hope youve done something. Sorry i didnt get to this in a timely fashion, there was a problem with the site that I was unawate if.